Enjoy 7 nights at two special Luxury Lodges this winter, at a very special price!
For astounding value of Winter Luxe at 2 of New Zealand's premier Luxury Lodges with additional Antipodean Ski benefits, such as free ski-hire fitting, and concierge services.
Seven special nights in two unforgettable locations –Mahu Whenua and Matakauri Lodge – this is the best of both worlds.
NZ$15,590 inclusive of GST for seven nights, based on double or twin occupancy, with all the inclusions outlined below. A range of additional activities, which vary according to the season, can be priced and added separately.
Three nights’ accommodation at Mahu Whenua Lodge in a Cottage Suite (double or twin share)
- All meals prepared by in-house Chef (full breakfast, lunch, dinner, morning and afternoon teas, refreshments + picnics)
- Premium wine and beverages served with pre-dinner canapes
- Winter experience helicopter excursion to the scenic lookout at Deadhorse Lake, soaking in views of Lake Wanaka and the valley
- Complimentary mini-bar and use of Lodge facilities
Four nights’ accommodation at Matakauri Lodge in a Deluxe Suite (double or twin share)
- Pre-dinner drinks, canapes, and gourmet dinner each evening
- Full Breakfast each morning
- Complimentary non-alcoholic mini-bar and use of all complimentary Matakauri lodge facilities
- Private half-day wine tour with driver and guide exploring Gibbston Valley
- A luxurious 50-minute massage per person at Matakauri Lodge Spa
Mahu Whenua Ridgeline Homestead and Eco-Sanctuary
Serenely positioned in what has been somewhat of a local secret, Mahu Whenua Lodge is a new and exciting luxury alpine lodge experience. Set amidst 136,000 acres of the largest private conservation project in New Zealand’s history, yet just 25 minutes from Wanaka, this high country lodge offers a large and impressive homestead with four private luxurious suites.
Communal areas boast two open fireplaces, a large open living area with expansive views and a fully equipped farmhouse kitchen. While native plant and wildlife abound on Mahu Whenua (the name translates to “healing of the land”), this magical property borders three favourite South Island ski fields (Coronet Peak, Treble Cone, and Cardrona). It also boarders a cat skiing operation and heli-ski terrain, making it a dream base for the snow sport enthusiasts in winter, yet ideal for autumn hikes and outdoor exploration in autumn.
Winter at Matakauri Lodge Credit: Tourism New Zealand
Matakauri's impressive Lakeside location
Just seven minutes from bustling Queenstown, Matakauri Lodge is an established favourite. Dramatically positioned on the edge of Lake Wakatipu, this cosy lakeside retreat offers mesmerising panoramic views of the lake and the big three: The Remarkables, and Cecil and Walter Peaks.
Matakauri’s proximity to Queenstown makes it an ideal escape to experience Queenstown’s vibrant town centre, Arrowtown’s vivid autumn colours or the region’s extended ski season. Yet with its secluded location, Matakauri feels a world away from the adventure capital’s hustle and bustle.
Combining its unrivalled position with classic style, chic decor, a cellar of impressive wines, and Chef Jonathan Rogers’ modern New Zealand cuisine, Matakauri’s dining experience is truly special.